Mold on cork bark?

Valamor

Arachnopeon
I pulled my piece of cork bark out while cleaning my T's cage and noticed this green on the cork bark, I've only had the cork bark in there for a couple weeks and the green wasn't there when I put it in. Do I get a new piece of bark?

Attachments

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I would ignore it unless it spread across the entire piece. You can try just scraping it off.

Valamor

Arachnopeon
I would ignore it unless it spread across the entire piece. You can try just scraping it off.
Sounds good, maybe I just didn't notice it in the first place and it's nothing, I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks!

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Even if it spreads you can just scrub the bark clean and then bake it in the oven at about 250F for 20-30mins or until completely dried out.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Even if it spreads you can just scrub the bark clean and then bake it in the oven at about 250F for 20-30mins or until completely dried out.
In total agreement if it gets any worse you can do what The Grym Reaper has said, you should really do this with most "décor" in the enclosure, just to be on the safe side, T's and mould is a disaster waiting to happen.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
What kind of T? Is the substrate damp? Is there adequate ventilation?
Drying it out should help, unless conditions are such more mould will grow.