Mold in H. Junceus enclosure

NMWAPBT

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had my h. Junceus sling set up with a vertical piece of wood and one laid down. It seemed to prefer hanging out upside down on the wood but it began to mold. I pulled it and replaced it with a vertical rock but now hes just made a scrape and is hiding under it. Is there anything I can do to prevent the wood from molding I enjoyed seeing the little guy.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Add more ventilation. Possibly add springtails. Or ur gona have to be very pro active in cleaning any left over feeder parts. Low ventilation and lots of moisture will cause a moldy roach or cricket part in a few hours

CheckThrust

ArachnoPilot
Old Timer
Some people are very against springtails and isopod in their arachnid enclosures but I personally really like them. Increase ventilation and maybe use some form of a clean up crew. Both should also help individually with the mold situation.

NMWAPBT

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've got holes all over the lid and just under the lip of the container. Should I add a few more lower than that? I'll have to look into springtails. I dont know much about them. I've heard isopods can actually eat a scorpion who's just molted? Again I don't know to much about them though. 20190714_150543.jpg 20190714_150543.jpg 20190714_150547.jpg

CheckThrust

ArachnoPilot
Old Timer
The holes look good. Are you sure it’s mold and not web? The enclosure looks pretty dry.

NMWAPBT

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah I'm a hundred percent sure it was mold . I only mist half of the enclosure (the back half) so the scorpion can move between the dry and moist side as it pleases. Since I put the rock in I haven't had the mold issue but he doesn't climb the it only hides under it. I'll have to grab some cork bark n give that a go I was using driftwood.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Springtails should be safe for the scorpion. I would avoid Isopods, just in case.