Moisture question? Avicularia Purpurea Care

GlitchSixxle

Arachnopeon
Just ordered my first Purple Pinktoe as of recently, and I'm having a hard time finding valid information on misting or not. Ive heard that if you set up your enclosure with proper ventilation and just leave a wide shallow water dish they will never need misting. Others say you can drizzle water on their moss once a week. My little guy is a juvenile so while I don't want to soak his cage like every bad caretaker does, I'm not sure how susceptible it is to dehydration. It is currently 5 cm.

Ic4ru577

Arachnoknight
Check this link for info. No misting

Craig73

Arachnoangel
No misting. Don’t know what your enclosure looks like, but you can put a water dish higher up next to the cork and one in the sub if you’re concerned. I use Magnetic gecko food ledges, but there’s all sorts of ways you could mount it higher up.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Just ordered my first Purple Pinktoe as of recently, and I'm having a hard time finding valid information on misting or not. Ive heard that if you set up your enclosure with proper ventilation and just leave a wide shallow water dish they will never need misting. Others say you can drizzle water on their moss once a week. My little guy is a juvenile so while I don't want to soak his cage like every bad caretaker does, I'm not sure how susceptible it is to dehydration. It is currently 5 cm.
Click on my link. Misting bad- water dish good
Not all drink from dish- drop wise addition of water.

No misting. Don’t know what your enclosure looks like, but you can put a water dish higher up next to the cork and one in the sub if you’re concerned. I use Magnetic gecko food ledges, but there’s all sorts of ways you could mount it higher up.
Any particular brand ledge or source you like? I’ve been thinking about using these for my 4” versi

Craig73

Arachnoangel
I have a couple Pangea mini gecko feeder ledges. A bit pricey, I think they are about $14-$15 a piece. The pros is a more naturalistic look, sturdy magnets, and you just pop in a .5oz cup.

I‘m toying around with picking up some magnets and seeing if I can make something cheaper, or looking for alternative brands. I also like the idea it’s not permanent on some of my more expensive acrylic enclosures. As T’s grow I need to be able to reuse enclosures and magnets give that diversity without completely jacking up the acrylic.

I have one enclosure that I hot glued bark to...if I had only thought of gluing a magnet to the bark and secured it with another magnet on the outside I could have saved myself the headache. Luckily that particular enclosure can be arboreal or terrestrial so I can use it for my Gbb and not have to see the nasty glue and scratches.