Modifying this container for G. Rosea

pbenner

Arachnosquire
Hi all,

Originally I had a 5 gallon aquarium in mind for my new G. Rosea but as soon as I filled it wish water to sterilize it, one of the panels blew out.

I've ordered the above, as it's the best thing I can get on short notice, and I've been told that this should be large enough for an adult female G. Rosea.

I'm going to give her a solid 3" of coco coir, but how much ventillation would you putin it? I am going to measure and mark a nice patten of 1/16" holes in both ends, but how much overall airflow does this species want? I'll be working with an area of about 6" x 7" for drilling holes.

Thanks in advance!

Paul

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I'm going to give her a solid 3" of coco coir, but how much ventillation would you putin it? I am going to measure and mark a nice patten of 1/16" holes in both ends, but how much overall airflow does this species want? I'll be working with an area of about 6" x 7" for drilling holes.
Since they're kept dry, you needn't go overboard with ventilation, but it also won't hurt. If you can easily drill those holes, why not?

cold blood

Staff member
Since they're kept dry, you needn't go overboard with ventilation, but it also won't hurt. If you can easily drill those holes, why not?
yeah, my rose hair is in a tank with a fish style top....literally no conventional ventilation at all...for the last 21 years...they really dont require much at all.