MM regalis

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My 2nd regalis (first is a confirmed female) just molted out with his bulbs. When is the best months to attempt breeding? I understand that she must have recently molted and fed before introducing the male? Any help is appreciated, I would like to try my first breeding.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The real months of breeding that occur in the wild are kinda out the window because how most Ts are kept inside. So if the female is freshly molted and resumed eating as well, wait for the male to make a sperm web or till you see trace evidence of one then introduce them. Good luck! I am waiting on a Regalis sac myself.

Oh and they tend to be nicer to the males then most species. Pokies in general, so when you do put him in there plan on cohabiting them till he dies basically, unless you want to send him out to mate with more females. (always a good idea)

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
mating time

Thanks Talkenlate, so my male has a good chance of surviving a mating then? Good. He just had molted out his bulbs, so I wait for him to finish a sperm web. My female hasnt molted yet, so basically I can try after she has molted and is feeding again?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The male if just matured still has a few weeks up to a month and a half or more till he's going to be up to the challenge. So hopefully your female will molt soon and you can get the timing perfect, that’s the hardest part about breeding is the timing. In the limited Pokie breedings I have done, (4 regalis breedings) the male if needed by someone else always made it. Only once did a male I have die, but not by the female, seemingly from old age.

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thanks

Thanks for your help. Ill watch for the female hopefully molting soon.