MM Pamphobeteus bald and bleeding ? Help :(

Yama777

Arachnosquire
Hello,
I have a problem with my mature male Pamphobeteus sp Costa.
His abdomen looks particularly bald and pale, and there seems to be a drop of transparent liquid coming out of the top of his abdomen (picture 1).
I thought it might be a hemolymph leak and tried to put some cornstarch to close the wound (picture 2).
It was complicated, I got a lot of urticating hairs on the hands (it's itchy), but I think I put some in the right place. I'll keep an eye on it...
It is only mature since 3 months, I don't think it should die already... Classic terrestrial enclosure, 10-15cm of substrate (wet on one side, dry on the other), a water dish, bark and pieces of wood, not much height of fall possible.
What do you think about it ? I am quite worried...
Thanks in advance for your help :(

Attachments

Marcostaco

Arachnobaron
You very much over reacted. Second, mature males can die whenever it's time; their ultimate molt is basically a sign that it's the beginning of the end.

MariaLewisia

Arachnoknight
In my opinion you've done everything you can. It's hard to say just what that drop is (leaking hemolymph, left over grooming fluid, stray hemolymph from some feeder) but I wouldn't say your male is in any danger. The balding abdomen is from kicking the hairs off and the colour looks alright, nothing to worry about. Sadly, mature males degrade in varying times and ways and after a couple of months after their final molt, it's a gamble on how well they'll do. Some last a few months, some last a few years.

You've done all you can and I don't think you should worry, just try to keep him as comfortable as possible. He'll go when it's his time. :)

Yama777

Arachnosquire
You very much over reacted. Second, mature males can die whenever it's time; their ultimate molt is basically a sign that it's the beginning of the end.
In my opinion you've done everything you can. It's hard to say just what that drop is (leaking hemolymph, left over grooming fluid, stray hemolymph from some feeder) but I wouldn't say your male is in any danger. The balding abdomen is from kicking the hairs off and the colour looks alright, nothing to worry about. Sadly, mature males degrade in varying times and ways and after a couple of months after their final molt, it's a gamble on how well they'll do. Some last a few months, some last a few years.

You've done all you can and I don't think you should worry, just try to keep him as comfortable as possible. He'll go when it's his time. :)
Thank you for your answer, it reassures me.
I overreacted because I already lost an adult female C. lividus due to a leakage of hemolymph from the abdomen, so I directly applied the cornstarch this time.
But he eats and drinks well, is still very active in the enclosure, and makes spermwebs regularly. I hope he will last a few more months.
It's really a beautiful species, and it's the first T I've had in my collection so I love it.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
There’s not much else you can do at this point and it’s going to die whenever it is it’s time regardless of how little or much time that that is to us.

Yama777

Arachnosquire
There’s not much else you can do at this point and it’s going to die whenever it is it’s time regardless of how little or much time that that is to us.
He looks better now, the abdomen no longer leaks. And the boy is still actively looking for a lady every night in his enclosure so he doesn't look like he's dying. I hope he will last a few more months ;)

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
He looks better now, the abdomen no longer leaks. And the boy is still actively looking for a lady every night in his enclosure so he doesn't look like he's dying. I hope he will last a few more months ;)
Well that great!! Sometimes they can live for quite awhile my male Psalmopoeus irminia just passed but was mature for 14mo about and only took about 14 mo to mature lol