MM OBT question

PitViper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So I just looked at my OBT thats been wondering around its enclosure lately, to discovered it molted into an MM, just unsure whether he is ready to breed with my females since I don't see a sperm web outside of his burrow, would he make it in his burrow?

shanebp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wandering is a sign that he's looking for a mate.

jonnyquong

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Chances are fair that he's made and destroyed the sperm web already. This usually happens within a couple weeks of maturing. (How long ago did you notice him wandering?) Maybe give him another week or two to be sure.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
yeah, i'd give him a week or two after molting to harden up and charge his palps. oh, and these guys are breeding machines. let him go for it :clap:

Poxicator

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Shark tank him, that might bring it on. You should also check for signs of the sperm web as although these are destroyed you can often find thick strands in the enclosure.

PitViper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So I think I'll wait for a week, when I go to breed them, should I coax the female out of her burrow or will she come out on her own, this will be my first breeding and completely unsure with massive burrowing species.

jonnyquong

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I had my OBT pair together in a 20 gallon tank for four months {D before she decided he looked like food.:( I was surprised that she welcomed him while there were kids present! :confused:

It was sad to see him go, but he did leave about 250 kids to carry on his genes.
R.I.P. Duke.