MM GBB came today!

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
I purchased two immature male c cyaneopubescens from @jaswong00. They were to be dates for my two mature females once the males mature. Before they could be shipped, one decided to molt (and yes it was the ultimate molt so he is ready to go ) so we held off for two weeks so he could harden up. Well after a long couple of weeks they are finally here!

Once placed into his enclosure the MM got a good drink of water and has been glued to the side of the enclosure that is next to the female's ever since.

My female has stopped eating so I think she is ready. Haven't decided yet if I'll get the party started this weekend or wait another week...

Attachments

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Steal some of the females webbing and decor, and add it to the males enclosure.
Do NOT attempt to place him with her until youre 100% certain hes made a spermweb and has charged his palps up.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The females web/decor may kick im into overdrive and make him produce a web faster

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Steal some of the females webbing and decor, and add it to the males enclosure.
Do NOT attempt to place him with her until youre 100% certain hes made a spermweb and has charged his palps up.
Well I just caught him in the process of making a sperm web! He is on his back underneath it right now.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Very good news! Now log off and go get that female all fattened up.. give that male a fighting chance haha.
When i paired my old gbbs, i sae the female was exceptionally aggressive towards the male and had to supervise the two every time i paired them.

I ended up selling off my female so i nevet found out exactly what came of all that

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Thanks! She stopped eating a couple of days ago. I gave her another cricket last night and she didn't take it. I'll try one more time before the weekend pairing.

The only thing I'm worried about is he hasn't eaten yet since the molt. I gave him a cricket last night but he didn't eat it. It chirped all night and kept me up so I took it out this morning. I guess I'll try to feed him again tonight or tomorrow.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Well the first attempt was not a success... I introduced him to the far end of her enclosure. He never tapped but slowly wandered toward her over a 20 minute period. He eventually wandered right into her and she reared up at him. He immediately bolted back the other end of the enclosure unharmed.

The strange thing is I would swear I saw her drum once for just a split second at one point. He never drummed once though.

He sure seems to know she is there though. He made a sperm web 16 hrs after being put next to her enclosure and he has stayed glued to the side of his enclosure that is by hers the entire time. When I put him in with her, he walked slowly but straight towards her.

The first picture is just before he walked into her and the second is obviously her showing him who is boss. IMG_5048.PNG I guess I'll try again later.

Attachments

cold blood

Staff member
Best of luck...I have a female begging to breed, but my MM is past his prime. He walks up, she gets excited and he runs. She walks up to him and basically presents herself...after he does nothing, she walks away...so bummed I can't get my hands on a fertile MM.:(

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Best of luck...I have a female begging to breed, but my MM is past his prime. He walks up, she gets excited and he runs. She walks up to him and basically presents herself...after he does nothing, she walks away...so bummed I can't get my hands on a fertile MM.:(
Thats crazy. It seems like everything has to fall in place just perfect for this to happen....

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Nothing came of attempt two either. I sharktanked the male all weekend. The female came out of her web-tent and sat right next to his container all day today. Tonight I let him loose and he just walked around for a bit, not seeming interested at all. I still haven't seen either one drum (except maybe the female once on the first try. That could have been my imagination though.)

When the female molted her furrow was darkened so she should be mature enough. She is about 4.5-5".

I have a bigger female that is in premolt so if she will hurry up and molt before my male declines I will have that as an option too...

If anyone has suggestions let me know!

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Well this happened last night!

IMG_5696.PNG

Yes, thats my male C cyaneopubescens pushing up my female!

After several tries during the day with mo luck I left him in her enclosure this weekend and he survived. I put him back in his enclosure and caught him making a sperm web yesterday so I decided to try again last night. I put him in at 6:30. He tapped a lot and she startled him with her aggression around 7:30. Around 9:15 I came back to check on them and they were mid- gettin' it on. I couldn't tell how insertions went but they took their time and eventually he let her down and just walked away.

cold blood

Staff member
Best of luck getting a sac....I have a fresh MM now and both females show no aggression...but also no interest. I'm very leery about leaving him in with a female..with a potential for 3 females to be paired with him I'd like to be sure he survives....but getting interest from them is like puling teeth. I may try shark tanking him.