MM G rosea

fenhawk1

Arachnosquire
Hello, I have a pet MM chilean rose, and i have a question, is it normal for an MM to go off its food for a while, he only seems to eat every few weeks, im just wondering if its normal for an MM to go of his food, he hooked out in august, a week after i bought him from a local pet store, who told me he was female :( btw i keep him in a relatively dry enclosure.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello, I have a pet MM chilean rose, and i have a question, is it normal for an MM to go off its food for a while, he only seems to eat every few weeks, im just wondering if its normal for an MM to go of his food, he hooked out in august, a week after i bought him from a local pet store, who told me he was female :( btw i keep him in a relatively dry enclosure.
Yes that is very normal. And if you want it to live longer, feeding it once a month or every two weeks will be fine.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
As a general rule of thumb, most pet stores have NO idea what they're talking about when it comes to tarantulas. There are some exceptions, but for the most part... buyer beware.

I have to agree with Chris, though. Only feed him once or twice a month, if you want him to live longer.

If he's refusing food, it could just be the rosea thing. Sometimes they just go for periods of time without eating. Could be weeks, could be months. Just relax.

Treynok

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mine did the same thing after molting out MM he just now ate for the first time 1 month, 2 weeks after his molt, he didn't eat for probably 1 month before molt too. Mine made his sperm web then finally ate later that day.

Pretty normal for a rosea especially if he was a good eater previously. As a mature male he has more important things to worry about than food too {D