MM G. rosea moulting

Thekla

Arachnoprince
I just discovered that my MM G. rosea is moulting, or trying to moult. :sad:
I have no idea when he started... could be hours, could be a couple of days. And I can't really say if he already popped his carapace or not.

20200712_141946.jpg

What do you think? Should I check right now or do I give him more time? I'm a bit at a loss here. :confused:

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Look all you want but leave him be.
Don't touch him. This is his show.
Hope he has a good one.

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
I just discovered that my MM G. rosea is moulting, or trying to moult. :sad:
I have no idea when he started... could be hours, could be a couple of days. And I can't really say if he already popped his carapace or not.

View attachment 352332

What do you think? Should I check right now or do I give him more time? I'm a bit at a loss here. :confused:
At this point there's not much you can really do besides wait

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
If he hasn't yet partially extricated himself, there's nothing you can do but wait and watch.

If he manages to start extricating himself but gets stuck, you can try "surgery".

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Thanks, guys! :) Waiting game it is...
I just wished I knew when he started. I checked on him last weekend when he behaved completely normal, well, the 'non-eating, mature male normal' at least.

I really don't like this. :(

Kitara

Arachnodemon
Awww @Thekla I'm sorry. :( I hope he makes it through.

Grandpa Rose. No new clothes for you! Flip yourself back over and stop acting like a child.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Sadly only bad news. :(

When I just got home from work he was still in the same position, so I checked and he was already stiff. He had probably passed away yesterday already. :(
It seems his abdomen popped but nothing else, so, I guess there was absolutely nothing I could've done for him.

20200713_170802.jpg 20200713_170717.jpg

He was my first mature male back in September 2018.
I will always remember him as the handsome boy that he was. :kiss:

Swagg

Arachnoknight
Sadly only bad news. :(

When I just got home from work he was still in the same position, so I checked and he was already stiff. He had probably passed away yesterday already. :(
It seems his abdomen popped but nothing else, so, I guess there was absolutely nothing I could've done for him.

View attachment 352424 View attachment 352425

He was my first mature male back in September 2018.
I will always remember him as the handsome boy that he was. :kiss:

Sorry for your loss my friend.

KaroKoenig

Arachnobaron
Even if his chances were rather slim from the start - still a shame. Did he get laid?

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Sorry that you lost your gorgeous boy. He was a BEAUTIFUL tarantula. I think that MM G. roseas are some of the most beautiful spiders out there. It certainly sounds like he lived a long and happy life.