MM A. metallica not wanting to mate?

Jerm357

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I just received a MM A. metallica on 1/22/11 that just seems like he does not want to mate? The seller I got him from said that his mature molt was on 1/1/11 so I thought that it might be because he was still too fresh and never made any sperm webs yet. On 2/13/11 I saw him making a sperm web so I tried pairing them up the next day but he just does not want to roam around her cage and find her. Every other MM I ever had would as soon as I put them in her cage he would walk all around looking for her and once she was located he would chase her down until they did the deed. I have done this 4 time now and it has always been the same with MM avic's, but every MM male I received had been mature for a few month before I got them. My female is being so receptive you can tell she wants it bad. She drumbs like crazy once she knows hes in there but he wont drumb back and runs from her if she get too close. Its like he has no sex drive at all.

What do you think is going on? Is it still just to early after his ultimate molt for him to be ready?

Jerm357

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Could shark cage him. Maybe he will warm up to her then.
That might be a good idea, but theres no way I could fit another tank inside my females cage.

Hasn't any one had a fresh male avic? How long did it take before he wanted to mate?

malhomme

Arachnopeon
There's a certain percentage of animals that are homosexual in any population. Ain't throwin' stones, just sayin'...