Mm A Avic ?

Jerry

Arachnobaron
My MM Avic Avic has been hanging out on the ground of his enclosure the last three days straight he ate a cricket the yesterday wasn't sure if it was a sign the end was near and I realize that they wonder to try to find a mate when the mature but he's never stayed down this long at one time

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
How long since ultimate molt? Does he eat frequently? Is there a always full water dish? MM's seem to drink a lot more than normal.
Pics maybe?

Jerry

Arachnobaron
September. No first time in a long time yes there is always a full waterdish

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
When a MM doesn't eat there time is shortened greatly, hopefully you can get him to eat more often. Time left for MM depends on how well fed they were before the ultimate molt, getting them to eat afterwards and as well each species and specimen will vary.

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Yea I've been trying but he refused food untell yesterday and he was ravenous he bolted across his enclosure and tackled the cricket

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Yea I've been trying but he refused food untell yesterday and he was ravenous he bolted across his enclosure and tackled the cricket
Good try to feed him again in a day or two, good luck.

Jerry

Arachnobaron
:( I just watched him try to clime the side of his enclosure and not being able to so bummed another bad sign

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
Thats just the way it is.. You cannot prevent what is about to happen. Only prolong for a month or two. If your avic made it to this stage it means it lived a full cycle. Many avics perish before their ultimate molt so be happy that yours made it. :) thats all you can really do :)