{$MM=1/2slings} or {$MM=/=1/2slings}

Vinny2915

Arachnosquire
Hey all, I was thinking of buying a few mature males of species I really like and in turn doing loans with it to get back half of the slings and thus, sell off extras and keep a bunch of the slings for myself to get some females. I was wondering if this is kind of a "slimy" thing to do or if this is perfectly fine. It just seems too good to be true, you pay little for a male and get a bunch of slings in return for such a small purchase.

Theneil

Arachnoprince
Hey all, I was thinking of buying a few mature males of species I really like and in turn doing loans with it to get back half of the slings and thus, sell off extras and keep a bunch of the slings for myself to get some females. I was wondering if this is kind of a "slimy" thing to do or if this is perfectly fine. It just seems too good to be true, you pay little for a male and get a bunch of slings in return for such a small purchase.
i wouldn't say it's slimy. But probably not as lucrative as it sounds...

Main issue i see is that you 1. have to find the male, and the 2. Find somebody with female, who wants to do a 50/50 split AND (and this is a big and) they have to be successful.

Also you would pay shipping on the male twice PLUS the work related to selling slings, which will likely have to go for deep discounts to move unless you have a good variety.

Hope i didn't rain on your parade.

Vinny2915

Arachnosquire
Oh that's the thing, the males are close to me (in the same city) so shipping is 0$ (I bike so not even gas costs or transit) and i have a few people that I can trust on loans and they breed diff species so the chances are good that slings would come of it. But yup, the finding which one of them has a female is the current issue. Not trying to make money though, I just want a bunch of babies without paying ridiculous prices for them.

cold blood

Staff member
It would be a great idea if breeding loans had a high percentage of returns...they do not....returns are a low percentage (high reward) gamble and not something to rely on, but rather something to hope for.

I would only do it f I had someone with a female that both trusted as a person, and as a breeder.

That's not to say it couldn't pay off, but you just can't expect that...its more something you hope for...so much can go wrong even with a reliable, experienced breeder.

I have a MM right now though that was bought just to send out on loan..I really hope it works out, but there are no guarantees, even after a successful insertion.

In your situaton....it may be worth a shot though.