[Warning] MJSReptiles Fogelsville, PA

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
This is information that I feel needs to be made available to the users of this site that are looking to purchase from this online vendor.

I found MJSReptiles on the Fauna Classifieds website. I was looking for a few interesting invertebrates that I could bring into my classroom as display animals for the education and enjoyment of my students.

MJSReptiles was advertising:

I currently have a nice group of Asian forest scorpions ( Heterometrus petersii ) available. These impressive scorpions are full of attitude, but are easy to care for and great for all levels of hobbyist. Feeding on superworms and large crickets currently.

$15ea 3/$14ea 6/$13ea 10/$12ea plus shipping

Very excited about once again having a small group of 5-6 Scorpions in my classroom. It's been many years and I was looking forward to the acquisition. I emailed MJSReptiles and made my inquiries, I also CCd, my Administrator and our purchasing secretary, so that they knew what I was looking to order. I was very clear in my email as to the number that I was ordering and my address and location for shipment.

My Administrator talked to me during lunch and after a short conversation gave his approval not only to purchasing the scorpions, but also to building a living wall in my classroom.

Now comes the switch: Received an email from MSJ Reptiles with information that I needed for the purchase so that I could complete the P.O.

Here is what killed the deal:
Shipping is $75. Box size is 12x9x6 and 1lb. Scorpions are $15ea.

Honesty is very important to me in any business transaction; and I get very offended when people attempt to take advantage of educators trying to acquire items for the classroom. The MSJReptiles add very clearly states that multiples are discounted. I've ordered living specimens many times...shipping is usually in the neighborhood of $49.00 to $55.00 at most, high in my opinion but consistent.

This shipping quote is so high that it's borderline abusive.

Last edited by a moderator: