Mixing pandinus species?

FrankiePinchinatti

Arachnoknight
So I'm going to take another shot at finding some decently priced p. imperators to add fresh blood to my colony in a couple weeks, but after reading a few pandinus ID threads I'm not too confident in my ability to tell the species apart. If by some chance one was mistakenly ID as p. imperator but was actually something else, would it still be alright living with the rest of them? I'd assume they wouldn't be able to breed with each other since I haven't heard about hybrids, right? What about worst case scenario and I completely screw up and actually end up with a heterometrus sp?

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
So I'm going to take another shot at finding some decently priced p. imperators to add fresh blood to my colony in a couple weeks, but after reading a few pandinus ID threads I'm not too confident in my ability to tell the species apart. If by some chance one was mistakenly ID as p. imperator but was actually something else, would it still be alright living with the rest of them? I'd assume they wouldn't be able to breed with each other since I haven't heard about hybrids, right? What about worst case scenario and I completely screw up and actually end up with a heterometrus sp?
Heterometrus = smooth claws, Pandinus = grainy claws, resembles cowhide only a smaller scale.

Only the very rarest Heterometrus species in the pet trade will have grainy claws like Pandinus e.g. H.swammerdami, H.mysorensis, H.fulvipes (lighter legs), H.xanthopus (lighter legs), and possibly others.

FrankiePinchinatti

Arachnoknight
Yeah, I'm not too concerned that I would end up with heterometrus unless there was really bad lighting and I was in a hurry or something. Was more just throwing that out there as a worst case scenario. I'm much more concerned with the rest of the questions regarding the pandinus sp.

Collin Clary

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You absolutely should not mix different species. Hybrids may indeed be possible, and that's something we really don't need in the scorpion hobby.

That being said, you are not likely to end up with different species.