Mites!!!

Metallicaman999

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i got attacked by mites today for the first time on my two emps and they're all over the place!! my emps are hiding right now and im going to go hit petco for some substrate and other stuff. should i wash everything out thoroughly with water or use something like disinfectents to clean everything. i dont see any on my emps yet but they'll be in a clean homw in about two hours. i need advice

BadBikaDamo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Assuming you mean your Hide etc, I'd boil it, I do this anyway with bark and stuff I use in my enclosures. Hope you get rid quick.

Damo

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I agree with BadBikaDamo I usaully boil it. Altough most of the time mite the little mite you usuallly see don't cause any harm but if you say theres a lot then boiling the substrate or baking it work real well.

Metallicaman999

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
holy crap i may be wrong. i inspected these mites a little closer and they look a lot like crickets! their hind legs and what not i think i was wrong. i left some crickets over night and one never got eaten and i know it was female because of her egg thing on the back. could she have laid these. but theres at least a godd 100 of these in the tank so i need feedback

BadBikaDamo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Could they be isopods?

Damo

Edit, aah not centimeter. Maybe not isopods then.