mites?

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i noticed this Pamphobeteus platyomma drinking and thought i would take some pics of her...upon closer look i see this...

mites?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I am clearly not seeing what you are seeing. I see a healthy T drinking. Can you try to zoom some on the area you think you see mites?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hm, I'm not really sure those are mites, but my eyes can be fooling me.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think I might see some specks here and there that "could" be mites, but I still am not to sure. Do you see those specks moving? If so check close for mites on a dead prey item somewhere in the tank, or maybe grouped by the water dish or other area of moisture if there is one.
If you dont see them there, check at night with a flashlight. You should be able to see little glints of the mites reflecting some light back at you. On the upside I have never seen mites settle in the area you have pictured. They normally move in on the mouth parts and sometimes the book lung areas but I have only seen that when the outbreak is massive.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
thanks guys. :D
No problem. THe only reason I would think they were mites is because you asked me too. If you just posted the picture without saying anything I would never have thought mites, so I think you and your T are good to go.

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
just checked her with a LED flashlight both white/red lighting. nothing shinny.