Mites

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My Lasiodora parahybana has mites little white things crawling all over him/her, i have toasted the substrance and switched cages and everything and they still seem to be there. When my reptiles got it from bed-a-beast they had a powder that u could sprinkle on it...

Is there anything that you can use to get them off T's??What is the danger of having mites on ur T's can they kill you T??? do they stress them out???thanks in advance for your comments

Sean

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Use peat moss as substrate and let cage get bone dry(keep a dish of water for the tarantula to drink form and change once or twice a day)and all the mites should die. Ofcorse I am assuming that it is a adult tarantula and not a sling. How big is your tarantula?

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Well he/she is about 4 inches long probably

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by jwb121377
Use peat moss as substrate and let cage get bone dry(keep a dish of water for the tarantula to drink form and change once or twice a day)and all the mites should die. Ofcorse I am assuming that it is a adult tarantula and not a sling. How big is your tarantula?
I agree, but i'm surprised you still have the mite problem even after you changed the substrate. Normally mites stay away from the T and stay on the moist substrate and any type of cricket/food remains. Let the substrate dry out and clean up any food remains, the mites will go away.