Mites!

John unique

Arachnopeon
I keep finding this little brown mites in my tarantulas' enclosures. They're extremely tiny, almost invisible to naked eye. But I often see them grouped together floating in water dishes. I can usually see more in the substrate if I look closely. What should I do? Are they harmful? Screenshot_20201201-022223_Gallery.jpg

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The brown ones are dead. White alive- not harmful, but in large numbers they do irritate Ts when they try to walk on them.

They are attracted to T poop and water.

Arachnoenthusiast

Arachnoknight
What kind if t do you have? If its able to handle being dry then just let the substrate dry for a while. Should kill off a good chunk of the mites. Along with cleaning any poop and feeders out.

John unique

Arachnopeon
What kind if t do you have? If its able to handle being dry then just let the substrate dry for a while. Should kill off a good chunk of the mites. Along with cleaning any poop and feeders out.
I have all kinds but most recently I've seen them in my chilobrachys huahini's and my theraphosa stirmi's enclosures. The picture I posted is in my chilobrachys water dish.