mites vs tarantulas

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Hi all,
Are the naturally occuring mites on millies non-harmful to tarantulas? I'll be getting a GAB millie, and it will be staying in the Tarantula Suite at Hotel Gillian..*bg*

Peace,
Gillian

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Gillian
Hi all,
Are the naturally occuring mites on millies non-harmful to tarantulas? I'll be getting a GAB millie, and it will be staying in the Tarantula Suite at Hotel Gillian..*bg*

Peace,
Gillian
Hi Gillian, I have read that the milli mites are symbiotic and that they would not be able to survive on another host, I have read the same thing about roach mites, but I just don't feel comfortable having any type of mite around so my millis are in a seperate room from my t's and other inverts, better to be safe than sorry IMHO, but that is just me.
Ed

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Ed,
True. Doubly so, as I still have slings...Now, my next prob is finding oak leaves. I hear they are highly beneficial for them. Oak trees are fairly scarce here.

Peace,
Gillian

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Gillian
Ed,
True. Doubly so, as I still have slings...Now, my next prob is finding oak leaves. I hear they are highly beneficial for them. Oak trees are fairly scarce here.

Peace,
Gillian
Gillian, send me your address via a PM and I will ship you a bag of oak leaves........there is a huge oak tree in the neighbor's yard and it seems as if the majority of the leaves blow into my yard.
Ed

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
THANKS!

Ed,
Thanks a bunch! As far as leaves blowing in your yard, I think that's how it always is. I have 3 HUGE honey Locust trees in my backyard, and they blow into my neighbor's yards on either side.
Peace,
Gillian