mites or something.....

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think the rosehair i bought has mites or something(had to of had them when i got it since ive never seen them on anything else i have). Well i think there mites, or some other very tiny bug. I cleaned the enclosure and everything in it but i think i can see a few on the T itself..what can i do about that? I know they have sprays but there like for reptiles...

if the enclosure is dry with just a water dish will they die off? I mainly need to know how to get them off the T...i only see like 2 but still

edit: actually i cant find any on the tarantula anymore....there was the most on the arch wood hide that i had in there.

Last edited:

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
To thrive, mites need food and moisture. Take one or both away and they will disappear. Keep the substrate dry and the water dish full without overflowing it and make sure you pick out the food remains. In a few days they will be gone.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Another good use for the ICU is mite removal. Place her in an ICU with elevated temps and good ventilation, this will cause most of the mites to crawl off the T and onto the wet paper towels or substrate. Change the paper towels frequently as well twice a day should do it, and when you see that most of the mites have left the T replace her in her refreshed tank.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The first thing you should do is find and remove all uneaten food items and moisture, but there really shouldn't be any wet spots besides the waterbowl since it's a Grammostola rosea. I just removed the waterdish for a day or two and then replaced it, and again and again. After a week they should be all gone, but if they aren't temporarily place your T in an ICU while remaking her cage, and then put her in her new cage the following day. Goodluck.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I think the rosehair i bought has mites or something(had to of had them when i got it since ive never seen them on anything else i have). Well i think there mites, or some other very tiny bug. I cleaned the enclosure and everything in it but i think i can see a few on the T itself..what can i do about that? I know they have sprays but there like for reptiles...

if the enclosure is dry with just a water dish will they die off? I mainly need to know how to get them off the T...i only see like 2 but still

edit: actually i cant find any on the tarantula anymore....there was the most on the arch wood hide that i had in there.
G. rosea prefers bone dry substrate and mites cant live on bone dry substrate... get the picture lol