mites or flies?

Wink

Arachnopeon
well today i was watering all my T's and cleaning up poo/bolus when i noticed some really tiny brownish things crawling around in 1 of the enclosures. ive never had this prob before so im going to change out the sub in that enclosure. my question is, does anyone know what these brownish things are? i did notice the other day 1 tiny fly near the plant in that enclosure but didnt get a good look at it since it was so small. now i noticed these little buggers crawling around. to be safe, would it be wise to change all my T's substrate? i have 1 currently on its back molting so obviously she will have to wait for a sub change though. in case you are wondering, its in a rose hair enclosure. pretty much bone dry with the exception of the occasional moist area when i water the pothos plant about 1 time a week. any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
With this much of a description we could all make wild guesses. A better approach might be to capture a few of them and take them to a college or university near you and have someone there look at them and give you real answers. Ag extensions will do this for you. Entomoogy departments can do this. Biology teachers can do this. If you are not near a university, maybe a local high school biology teacher could look at them for you.

Wink

Arachnopeon
yea sorry its so vague, i dont have the greatest eye sight in the world lol and these things are really tiny. its probably phorid flies after doing a search on here. but i was merely curious on if i should change all the enclosures sub or just the one i know 100% has them?