Mites on centipede

Xingyu

Arachnosquire
Thoughts on how to get rid of these mfs? This was a wild centipede so it already had mites on it when I first got it, I’ve had it for a while and there were mites when the pede first arrived, I cleaned off most of it, and now these mfs are back, so today I cleaned my pede again, these are the photos after I am done cleaning, still a lot of mites on there, but trust me it was a LOT worse before the cleaning D66CAC78-2398-489A-96B1-40084B5B4F98.jpeg
3F86EA63-F50B-4644-A96B-B56006F8A354.jpeg

Conor10

Arachnosquire
I have had these issues before, get a paintbrush get it wet. Put the pede in a bucket with a slightly wet bottom, then brush the pede until the mites are gone. It takes forever but thats the way I got rid of them. Also change out the substrate after the mites are off the pede.

Xingyu

Arachnosquire
I have had these issues before, get a paintbrush get it wet. Put the pede in a bucket with a slightly wet bottom, then brush the pede until the mites are gone. It takes forever but thats the way I got rid of them. Also change out the substrate after the mites are off the pede.
Do you knock out the centipede while doing that

Conor10

Arachnosquire
You could but I didn’t, I personally don’t like knocking out centipedes. Just be careful if you don’t knock it out and you brush it so you don’t get bitten, mine almost did.

Conor10

Arachnosquire
Oh boy my baby S. Polymorpha is covered with mites... we are on the same road now 🙁

Conor10

Arachnosquire
I don’t know I found out that predatory mites live on hisser roaches so I will try those. The brushing method is hard to do on a 2 inch pedeling

Xingyu

Arachnosquire
I don’t know I found out that predatory mites live on hisser roaches so I will try those. The brushing method is hard to do on a 2 inch pedeling
Ah....tough, and you can’t even try the knockout method because plings are so fragile

Conor10

Arachnosquire
Oh do I hate these, you just get that terrible gut feeling when you see some on a pede

TheHouseof21pairs

Arachnopeon
I doubt it you will succede...gromphadorhina mites are cleaners. They hang all their life around the roach to get scraps of food and help the roach keep clean. The thing is that they actually might help, i do not believe it but im not sure bout it, but ending up getting a ride of the pede for scraps so you’ll end up fixing one prob and get into another one. That small you’ll knock it off in water with about 10 mins. Put the little thing down paper towel and brush everything off. Change substrate and your good to go. No need to kill anything. If she doesn’t make it well at least you tried your best.

Conor10

Arachnosquire
How is the S. Heros doing, has she been eating lately?

Last edited:

Conor10

Arachnosquire
Sad, sad, sad, I found that a toothbrush helps to get them off that might help.

Xingyu

Arachnosquire
Sad, sad, sad, I found that a toothbrush helps to get them off that might help.
Yeah I might do that but rn I am doing the dry substrate and water dish method, I think I am seeing progress, can’t wait to have these mites’ families destroyed