Mites!!!! Help!!!!!

peterspiderling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok, i feed 5 of my spiderlings this morning and i came back and they all have mites on them! i have moved them out and in to a small container with wet tissue in them, i am hoping this will make the mites migrate off of the tarantula on the the tissue, 3 of the 5 were really bad, but one does not seem to have any and the other 1 has mites in the tank but no mites on it.

any more advice would be greatly greatly helpfull!

would the mites kill them?
would they all migrate?
help please i love them all:(

any tips would be helped an all!!

AlainL

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ok, i feed 5 of my spiderlings this morning and i came back and they all have mites on them! i have moved them out and in to a small container with wet tissue in them, i am hoping this will make the mites migrate off of the tarantula on the the tissue, 3 of the 5 were really bad, but one does not seem to have any and the other 1 has mites in the tank but no mites on it.

any more advice would be greatly greatly helpfull!

would the mites kill them?
would they all migrate?
help please i love them all:(

any tips would be helped an all!!
Hi!

How big are your spiderlings?
Are they big enough(1"-1.5") to have a water dish?
If yes, you need to keep them in a enclosure with no substrat just a water dish and the mites will evantually die since they need humidity to live.
Also keep your enclosure very clean at all time to make sure the mites have nothing to feed on.

Hope that help.

Stan Schultz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ok, i feed 5 of my spiderlings this morning and i came back and they all have mites on them! ...
Baby tarantulas are particularly at risk of mite infestations because they must be kept damp for the first few months of their lives. I refer you to

http://www.ucalgary.ca/~schultz/mites07.html

Pay particular attention to the section headed "THE MARCHING HORDES..."

It's a good idea to keep several tarantula containers set aside, clean and set up with *DRY* substrate ready for baby tarantulas just for occasions like this. When you see mites all you need do is dampen the substrate, switch the spiderling into the clean container and either clean or dispose of the infested one.

Hope this helps.