Mites driving my Scorpion nuts

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've got a baby P imperator thats been going ballistic over the last week or so, leaving me a bit confused as to why.

Today I got him under a good light and had a closer look at him - turns out the poor sod has a nasty dose of mites between each segment of his body.

Now I keep things pretty spartan and clean, so I checked out the only place they could have come from - my crickets.

The crickets from my wholesaler have been coming in riddled with the damn things - they look like dust at a casual glance.

Now these mites are obviously distressing him somewhat - I've caught him today scraping his sting over his back in an attempt at dislodging them.

How the hell do I get rid of them? Surely predator mites wont work as the problem is on the scorp not the soil....

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
You could try letting the enclosure dry out while making sure there is always a full water dish. That won't solve the mite prob on the scorp but will for the enclosure.

John
];')

Frank

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
But what can we do if ever we have a scorp with mites? (especially when dealing with a hot one)

Thanks, Frank

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Trust me, even an Emperor gets pretty mean when it's covered in these damn things - they sit between each body segment.
I'm not even sure if the mites actually *do* anything to the scorp except feed of waste food particles etc, but they certainly seem to piss him off.

What to do....:?