Mite or springtail + overall set up. Desert scorpion 🦂

Aymin

Arachnosquire
Recently bought a desert scorpion (Urodacus Yeschenkoi) and it’s been awesome. Trying to keep terrarium as clean as possible. Only had it for a few months and I recently saw this little bugger crawling around, what is it 🧐 I’ve been reading up HEAPS on mites and the prevention of mites prior to seeing it. Tried to post the video but wouldn’t let me so just had to screenshot , sorry for the shocking quality.

Also, how does my set up look? Got a granny flat so rooms a little tight but fits perfectly next to the couch:) any dangers with it being on the floor? Check the photos 🙏🏽

Attachments

FrankiePinchinatti

Arachnoknight
Definitely not a mite. Looks like a springtail, but I didn't think those would survive in desert conditions.

Nickz123

Arachnopeon
Its a springtail. If there is a water bowl in your enclosure they can live on the surface tension.
Im my experience, mites are inevitable. Grain mites aren't really a problem as long as the population doesn't get out of control. If you are cleaning up dead prey with in 24-48 hours you should be fine. Especially with a desert type enclosure.