mite/infest help needed

amelie

Arachnopeon
i bought a centipede and a tarantula from a show today. the tarantula from bruce from theraphosids breeding project and the centipede from a guy i wasnt familiar with. anyways i left them by my other inverts and left for a few hours. i came back and and was feeding them when i noticed on the centipede there were little tiny bugs crawling on it. i think i counted about three different ones, so it must not be too bad. i moved the centipede away from the others and am now typing this. how can i get rid of them and the biggest question is whats the easiest way to move a centipede to a new tank? (its a tanzanian blue leg) ok thank you in advance. :wall:

(highly recommend bruce his tarantulas are always perfect)

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'd say this is the wrong section to put it in. But I know centipedes are moisture dependent so give it a big waterdish and let teh substrate dry out. Dump and refill the waterdish atleast twice a day. Good luck.

Maybe putting the centi in a seperate container first and flushing it for a little bit would work too.

† [sandi] †

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
as much as i know thoose mites lives for about 7 days. so i would prefer that you get pede in seperate tank there very dry is. just as was said the water dish. in about a week should those mites dissapear because they won't have anything to eat if there is just pede and water dish.

for tank is the best to replace the substrate and flush the tank with hot water.

regards

sandi