Misting

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have the following T's

Costa Rican Tigerrump Tarantula (Cyclosternum fasciatum)
Antilles Pinktoe Tarantula (Avicularia versicolor)
Curly Hair Tarantula (Brachypelma albopilosum)
Mexican Red Rump (Brachypelma vagans)
Cameroon Red Baboon (Hysterocrates gigas)
Brazilian Giant Blonde (Nhandu vulpinus)
Trinidad Chevron (Psalmopoeus cambridgei)

I been reading caresheets (not from this site) and some say to mist and some say not to mist.

So do I mist these guys or not?...Also I have a humidifer which i use to keep the humidity up (duh) but there is condensation on most of the enclosures I was told this was bad. so should i be misting the enclosures instead??

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I talked to a Botar about the same thing with my P. Regalis sling if I should mist or not and he said as long as you have a water dish for 99% of all T's you should be fine. Humidity more times than not means internal. Plus when you mist a T's it really makes them mad so why do it.

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
For the ones that require higher humidity, you can mist the substrate in a corner of the enclosure away from the T. Don't mist the tarantula itself, just the substrate.

ember

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
:) That is what I do... I mist a corner of the tank, or its wall...

mandolin101

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ember, your signiture may be true for most T's, but I train mine to specifically taraget guests in my house, and scare the living tar out of them :} :} :}

ember

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have yet to post (including pics) about our new tarantula's habit of CHARGING and CLIMBING the tank wall and dripping venom when someone puts their face up close to see him. It is fantastic!

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If they are too small for a water dish then i mist.

-Matty