Mistaken belief

Coady79

Arachnopeon
Only new to the hobby but sooooo excited to be a part of it now. After perusing so many pics of OW and NW T's I was under, the now mistaken assumption/ belief that exotic tarantula were the most beautiful, to a degree yes (colouring), however, after seeing so many pics of members Aussie Tarantula species I'm not above admitting that I was mistaken. Wow, just wow. Our native T's are absolutely stunning, may not have the flashy colouring, (cause flashy ain't everything), but they are fast becoming my fav species. Excited for my future collection possibilities πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ˜

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Only new to the hobby but sooooo excited to be a part of it now. After perusing so many pics of OW and NW T's I was under, the now mistaken assumption/ belief that exotic tarantula were the most beautiful, to a degree yes (colouring), however, after seeing so many pics of members Aussie Tarantula species I'm not above admitting that I was mistaken. Wow, just wow. Our native T's are absolutely stunning, may not have the flashy colouring, (cause flashy ain't everything), but they are fast becoming my fav species. Excited for my future collection possibilities πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ˜
Hey, a lot of the "big hairy brown spiders" are much more than hairy and brown when you study them closely. The adaptations they've made to survive and thrive in some of the harshest environments on earth are awe inspiring, too. Enjoy your newfound excitement!

Coady79

Arachnopeon
Hey, a lot of the "big hairy brown spiders" are much more than hairy and brown when you study them closely. The adaptations they've made to survive and thrive in some of the harshest environments on earth are awe inspiring, too. Enjoy your newfound excitement!
Cheers mate πŸ‘ been reading ALOT lately about Aussie T's and your right, some of the adaptations many have evolved is incredible, part of the reason I got into the hobby, it's incredible. My dream one day is to own a Whistling Tarantula, soooo COOL. Thanks for the encouragement mate πŸ‘πŸ˜

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Native OW's are definitely cool, but wait until you see our non-tarantula primitives πŸ˜‰

Aussie T's -
IMG_20221022_092515_DRO.jpg
IMG_20221022_225154.jpg
IMG_20220407_221726.jpg

Aussie trapdoors, curtain webs and wishbones -
IMG_20220708_225638.jpg
IMG_20220913_224745.jpg
IMG_20220602_214248.jpg

Coady79

Arachnopeon
Native OW's are definitely cool, but wait until you see our non-tarantula primitives πŸ˜‰

Aussie T's -
View attachment 446002
View attachment 446003
View attachment 446007

Aussie trapdoors, curtain webs and wishbones -
View attachment 446005
View attachment 446004
View attachment 446006
Crap!! Now look what you started. You don't realise the monster you've now just unleashed, gimme gimme gimme!! πŸ€”πŸ˜₯πŸ˜€
Those trapdoors are scary cool, last one looks kinda golden/ copper hue-ishly in colour (if that's even a word?!, Trademark ℒ️ pending). The second T pic looks like a keg on legs!! Wow πŸ˜πŸ‘Œ

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Crap!! Now look what you started. You don't realise the monster you've now just unleashed, gimme gimme gimme!! πŸ€”πŸ˜₯πŸ˜€
Those trapdoors are scary cool, last one looks kinda golden/ copper hue-ishly in colour (if that's even a word?!, Trademark ℒ️ pending). The second T pic looks like a keg on legs!! Wow πŸ˜πŸ‘Œ
Golden one is Proshermacha sp. Adelaide Hills, a wishbone in the Anamidae family and almost solid metallic gold and copper across the entire body, with abdomenal stripes as well. 2nd T pic is an adult female Phlogius kuttabul, one of my original slings I very first started out with. Sometimes she won't eat for months in a row but when I do get to see her, it's a treat
IMG_20230523_221028.jpg

Check the media gallery in my profile if you want to see a large collection of Aussie arachnid photos, I've kept all but the 3 rarest of our Aussie myg families. Hopefully one day I'll get my hands of Masteria, Conothele and Migas

Coady79

Arachnopeon
Golden one is Proshermacha sp. Adelaide Hills, a wishbone in the Anamidae family and almost solid metallic gold and copper across the entire body, with abdomenal stripes as well. 2nd T pic is an adult female Phlogius kuttabul, one of my original slings I very first started out with. Sometimes she won't eat for months in a row but when I do get to see her, it's a treat
View attachment 446008

Check the media gallery in my profile if you want to see a large collection of Aussie arachnid photos, I've kept all but the 3 rarest of our Aussie myg families. Hopefully one day I'll get my hands of Masteria, Conothele and Migas
Bloody hell, that's it's name?! Guess the ℒ️ is out the window.

However, Adelaide Hills, that's me!! They must be shy, don't remember ever scoping one out πŸ€” and I've been sticking torches down little holes in the ground since I was knee high to a dogs fart, all I've ever seen are these weird looking longish black types with big ass red fangs and this weird little, yet fat, kind that's blotchy pale yellow with black REALLY staunch short fangs that I always find at the base of stringy barks. Pretty cool though, definitely gonna look into them more and your gallery.

I have wanted from the start 3 definites, -K2 βœ” sp. Gloucester ❌ sp. Kuttabul ❌. They all look like amazing little brown and hairy battle tanks 😍. I'll get there though, but not before I'm ready and more confident in my ability to give them a happy, safe and rewarding (if spiders even believe in such a thing) life, well that too πŸ‘

Also, full disclosure, I didn't even know the type near me were even Trapdoors! I just knew that I liked looking for and finding them, looking at them, knowing the absolute basics of the fact that they were some kind of spider and scaring my nieces and nephews with the best lie "that they could grab them by their ankle, flip em' over and drag them down in their holes" πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ ahh, good times, good times! Now I know from you that they possibly Trapdoors of some kind, now I'm more interested πŸ‘

Btw, don't worry, I have sat them down and explained the importance and benefits of spiders/ insects in general and that they should be treated with care and respect and to NOT EVER touch one unless their mum or I there. 🀞They won't.

Last edited by a moderator: