Missing a leg (Cobalt Blue)

Patarantula

Arachnopeon
I bought another T, Cobalt Blue (c.lividus)(H.lividum) and I noticed she is missing one of her legs that the guy forgot to mention. Should I be concerned about impaction\infection or am I stressing too much as usual lol are there any possible early signs of problems I could look out for? She is also looking a bit sluggish, does she look like she might be in premolt? And I'm only guessing it's a girl for now 🧐 20200404_223616.jpg 20200404_153948.jpg Right side second leg from the back 20200404_153745.jpg

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
A missing leg is inconsequential, as the T will just grow a new one that will look good as new after a couple molts. I've never heard of a T getting an infection from a lost leg. She's very robust and does look like she needs a molt, so it shouldn't be long off before she's growing it back.

I wouldn't make much of a fuss over a lost leg, but I would mention it to the seller and ask how it happened and how long ago she lost it. If it occurred very recently, then she may need an additional molt before it starts to grow back.

Patarantula

Arachnopeon
A missing leg is inconsequential, as the T will just grow a new one that will look good as new after a couple molts. I've never heard of a T getting an infection from a lost leg. She's very robust and does look like she needs a molt, so it shouldn't be long off before she's growing it back.

I wouldn't make much of a fuss over a lost leg, but I would mention it to the seller and ask how it happened and how long ago she lost it. If it occurred very recently, then she may need an additional molt before it starts to grow back.
Definetley will give them a call just to see if they know how long ago she molted, thank you for the quick response, I'm sure she's a healthy T but I like to always get a second opinion on how something looks to make sure I'm not just overlooking 😅

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I bought another T, Cobalt Blue (c.lividus)(H.lividum) and I noticed she is missing one of her legs that the guy forgot to mention. Should I be concerned about impaction\infection or am I stressing too much as usual lol are there any possible early signs of problems I could look out for? She is also looking a bit sluggish, does she look like she might be in premolt? And I'm only guessing it's a girl for now 🧐 View attachment 339275 View attachment 339276 Right side second leg from the back View attachment 339277
Non-issue, enjoy. They grow back.

Patarantula

Arachnopeon
Its fascinating how tarantulas can do that, I cant wait to see her leg grow back as she is also growing lol she is doing well since the rehouse, found her way inside the premade burrow and webbed up the entrance right away, fingers crossed she's ready to molt 😇
Thank u all for your responses, I was more worried about her having a molt attached to her bum, but she's not showing any signs of impaction, so I'm very happy during this time of quarantine lol