Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Millipedes mating, eggs soon?

Discussion in 'Myriapods' started by BenjaminS, Jul 22, 2019.

1. BenjaminS

BenjaminS Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    Hi,
    I caught my Narceus annularis mating this morning and I was wondering how soon do they lay eggs after mating? I wanted to take a pic but It’s dark where they are I did t want to disturb them too much.

2. Hey, I can’t believe no one ever replied to your post. :( I don’t know if you are still around but I made a post regarding mine laying eggs if you want to see what the eggs look like. :) it can take up to 3 months for eggs to be laid and it can take a few weeks to months for eggs to hatch. It really varies. Narceus are prolific breeders so as long as you have to proper substrate/nutrition you should see eggs. When I first got giant millipedes mine bred like crazy but never laid eggs because I didn’t have the proper substrate for them. So I have to ask, but what do you keep yours on?
    Also, again, I know this is many months later and I’m sorry no one else commented. If I had seen this back then I would have.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.