millipede's & handling

juggalo69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just got 2 juvie AGB pedes, because my adult recently died.
The adult I had would crawl right up onto my hand, crawl all over my kids hands. My 2 juvies if I try to pick them up they just curl up and poop on me.
Does this have something to do with their age or is it just that the adult I bought was more used to being handled?
Is there anything I can do to get my pedes more used to me handling them, I've been taking them out once every couple of days trying to get them used to me but I'm getting sick of getting pooped on. The whole reason I even replaced my adult was because I felt better letting my kids handle a nonagressive pede then one of my semi-agressive T's (that I don't even handle), and it is a good way to keep their interest while I'm teaching them stuff about the hobby
Any ideas or help would be appreciated

Bark

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If you try to hold them when they are already curled up, they are probably going to stay curled up.

I have noticed that my millipedes mostly move around at night time and they get annoyed when I turn bright lights on. If I want to handle them, I place my hand in front of them as they are moving forward, let them climb on me, and try not to breath on them or make sudden movements.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
some individuals are just plain wimpy. i had a 8-9" adult AGB that was the wimpiest bug i ever owned

i have definitely seen that some tarantulas become more accustomed to free handling as time progresses, but i don't have enough experience with millis to say if they will or not