Millipedes can eat cauliflower?

Arachnopeon
Plants for the mustard family can be toxic for insects, so idks if milipedes can eat cauliflower

StampFan

Arachnodemon
Funny, I had the same question the other night, and decided against it....

BepopCola

Arachnobaron
I've fed mine broccoli before. I never thought about cauliflower. I would've probably tried it, but I never have any on hand.
Hopefully, someone with experience will chime in.

mellow

Arachnobaron
I hate cauliflower! It's gross! Maybe I can try feeding it to my millipedes after dinner so I don't have to eat it! Lol
😁

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
I hate cauliflower! It's gross! Maybe I can try feeding it to my millipedes after dinner so I don't have to eat it! Lol
😁
When properly cooked soft cauliflower and broccoli are one of the most delicious vegetables on the face of the Earth in my opinion...
Then again, it seems my roaches agree with George H.W Bush in their dislike of broccoli (and cauliflower, which is basically a pale version of broccoli); they would rather let it rot than eat it. All my Rumina decollata snails also perished after eating broccoli/cauliflower, loyal to their hatred of the miniature trees to death...
I don't think millipedes would be harmed by it, but why try it when there are plenty of options that they have been shown to relish?

Thanks,

Arthroverts

mellow

Arachnobaron
When properly cooked soft cauliflower and broccoli are one of the most delicious vegetables on the face of the Earth in my opinion...
Then again, it seems my roaches agree with George H.W Bush in their dislike of broccoli (and cauliflower, which is basically a pale version of broccoli); they would rather let it rot than eat it. All my Rumina decollata snails also perished after eating broccoli/cauliflower, loyal to their hatred of the miniature trees to death...
I don't think millipedes would be harmed by it, but why try it when there are plenty of options that they have been shown to relish?

Thanks,

Arthroverts
I like broccoli, but cauliflower is just gross imo. Lol 😁

mickiem

Arachnoprince
I can see you all need some counselling here. Cauliflower is the second best vegetable and broccoli is 3rd. Of course, Brussels Sprouts are #1. So lets not hear any more of this dissing the cruciferous veggies.

Oh, to the OP, I have fed all of these delicious veggies to my millies. They are not heartily fond of them (yes, they are in counseling for it). I feed it with other veggies and not in large amounts. But like others have alluded, when in doubt, leave it out. Mine favor corn cut off the cob, squash, cucumber, apple and mushrooms. Lots of choices!

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
I can see you all need some counselling here. Cauliflower is the second best vegetable and broccoli is 3rd. Of course, Brussels Sprouts are #1. So lets not hear any more of this dissing the cruciferous veggies.
Brussels sprouts are only good if they are cooked properly (in my case steamed/cooked till very soft), otherwise they can very easily end up being the most disliked vegetable in the room by both human and millipede alike, ha ha.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Brussels sprouts are only good if they are cooked properly (in my case steamed/cooked till very soft), otherwise they can very easily end up being the most disliked vegetable in the room by both human and millipede alike, ha ha.

Thanks,

Arthroverts
I love them steamed. They are also amazing slow roasted. :kiss: