Millipedes and chlorine/water

Domestic goose1

Arachnopeon
Joined
Feb 26, 2020
Messages
27
I saw somewhere that millipedes can not tolerate chlorine in tap water. My millipedes should arrive tomorrow so I’m not sure if I should just use normal tap water (I live in north west of England) or if I need to get some bottled water from the shop. Anybody know?
 

Arthroverts

Arachnoprince
Active Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2016
Messages
1,719
I'd recommend leaving the tap water to sit overnight to allow the chlorine/chloramines to dissipate. It may not pose a problem but why take the risk?

Thanks,

Arthroverts
 

rosenkrieger

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Joined
Sep 23, 2007
Messages
53
Chlorine will evaporate out of water if left sitting out for 24 hours in a pitcher/bowl or if you dont want to wait, you can either use bottled water, or get dechlorinater in the fish section of pet stores
 

EpicEpic

Arachnodemon
Active Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2020
Messages
733
I'd recommend leaving the tap water to sit overnight to allow the chlorine/chloramines to dissipate. It may not pose a problem but why take the risk?

Thanks,

Arthroverts
Chlorine will dissipate. Chloramine won't.

I'd get a dechlorinator from a fish store.
 
Top