Millipede turned BLUE?!

MontePython

Arachnosquire
Well, she's bright green now! I wonder if it's actually a normal part of the moulting sequence for this species and she just came up early because it was getting too dry? Although I'm surprised that she would eat and be so active if she was still in the moulting process. One of the others moulted before and she never looked blue, but perhaps she just stayed underground longer so I missed it.
Oh wow! She sure is.

I wonder if we'll ever figure out what was happening there...

I'm glad that she still seems to be going strong though!

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
View attachment 351672
Well, she's bright green now! I wonder if it's actually a normal part of the moulting sequence for this species and she just came up early because it was getting too dry? Although I'm surprised that she would eat and be so active if she was still in the moulting process. One of the others moulted before and she never looked blue, but perhaps she just stayed underground longer so I missed it.
Interesting! I would agree that it seems to be a normal part of the molting stages. In premolt, my Acladocricus turn yellow rather than the usual smokey blue.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
I'm probably miles off base here. @schmiggle I recall reading about a genetic condition, possibly very rare, where an animal didn't have a fixed encoded pigmentation but instead altered, possibly in relation to the animals physiology. ??