Millipede Questions

kikuhiko

Arachnopeon
Another question! I've had these millipedes for about a month now, and I think they're going strong!
The giant american likes to hide in the dirt a lot, don't see him out very often. The texas gold is going rly good i think

but I have a question about my ivory!
I've noticed recently it developed two small brown dots on one of its sides. I don't know what that means? It doesn't burrow in dirt, so I don't think it got hurt somehow from that. The dirt is moist but not soaked. Is it something I should keep an eye on or do you think it'll go away with time?

Attachments

ArtisticAardwolf

Arachnosquire
Is it a part of the exoskeleton or can you wipe it off with your finger?

When I first saw it I thought it looked like a poop stain from millipede diarrhea. I keep ivories too, so I'd like to stay updated incase there's anything I should know for my millipedes!

kikuhiko

Arachnopeon
Is it a part of the exoskeleton or can you wipe it off with your finger?

When I first saw it I thought it looked like a poop stain from millipede diarrhea. I keep ivories too, so I'd like to stay updated incase there's anything I should know for my millipedes!
I just tried, and it doesnt come off! Still unsure what it could be.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Doesn't look normal; could it be exoskeleton damage/scarring?
I'd definitely keep my eye on it to see if anything further develops.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

kikuhiko

Arachnopeon
UPDATE: He's...weak I think? Walking extremely slow, secreting a ton of the yellow liquid. I think its butt keeps opening and closing but idk why? Relatively stationary but his feet are wiggling. And its dragging its head when it does walk.
I've separated him for now. Still not sure....what happened. I'm not optimistic.

kikuhiko

Arachnopeon
final update: he ded. not sure what happened. hard to learn from this when idk what couldve been the cause. Within 2 days it went from active to dead. Idk man