Votes: 2 6.9%
  • African bronze

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • N. Americanus

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

africanmilli

Arachnopeon
I was just wondering what everybody's favorite millipede is? I am just curious to see what everybody thinks(THIS IS A MULITPLE CHOICE POLL). And also, I thought it might be a good idea to get a thread going with lots of info and links to millipede sites, or dealers. If anyone is interrested in this or would like to see a thread like this on here and possibly make it sticky start emailing me or just pm me with the info that you would like included and I will get the thread started. Any info, or just links to great sites and sites that sell or breed millipedes. I would really like to get a good list of dealers and breeders. Just to sum this up real quick, a one stop thread for anyone searching for millipede care info or where to get them from. And maybe someone else can do one for centipedes, since I dont know anything about them. Anyways to get back to the poll, let us know why you picked that millipede also.

Last edited:

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i dont have a favorite. I .ike the ornatus . and the bumble bee ones are really cool but i like the size of the AGB ... oh well
and i plyaed wiht the americanus as a kid so they are sorta a personal fav

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Why aren't Albino Narceus and Afr. pill millipedes on the list?
Does albinoism create a new species?
I would guess that any color of N. americus fell under that. I may get some albinos some day. Just i hate to spend that much on them lol.
And the pill millis are cool too. Id like to have some of those if i could keep them alive lol

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Pill millipedes are pretty sweet . . . but right now AGBs are the only ones I have, and they're so much fun since I upgraded their habitat. There's always at least one out and exploring at all times. :D

africanmilli

Arachnopeon
Well like Drachenjager stated about the albino I also figured that they were covered in the poll. And I didnt put the pill millipede on there because I was just putting together a list of "common" millipede's. I really didnt consider them and also for got to put the desert millipede on there also, but I could only put 10 options on the poll so I had to pick.

africanmilli

Arachnopeon
Pill millipedes are pretty sweet . . . but right now AGBs are the only ones I have, and they're so much fun since I upgraded their habitat. There's always at least one out and exploring at all times. :D
I am about to upgrade my agb's habitat also. Right now I have a 30gal tank with about 4" of sphagum/peat moss mix and next week I am going to get some coco fiber and mix it in. So, I hope mine take to it well and maybe dig around a little more.

africanmilli

Arachnopeon
What do ya'll think of having a millipede reference thread with all that info that I listed? I do plan on doing one, but I would need everyone's help. That is, people on here that breed or sell millipedes that do not have a website, give me your email and info on what you have and that will go on there also. I will have links to websites that sell inverts, and links to millipede sites and links to the various caresheets that I have found. What I need the most is the sellers/breeders that dont have a website to let me know their info so I can post it and a list of websites that sell millipedes(i.e.-SWIFTS INVERTS) that sort of thing. If I start to recieve this info I will start to get everything wrote out and I will post it. I'm trying to make this like if someone is new, you will check it out first because it will have all of the links and info needed.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It looks like a pet poll, not a taxonomic list and pet and sale lists are certain to designate distinct varieties. Also, many of the species on the poll haven't been kept in years.
yeah im not sure thats a good thing. albinoism is generally a trait that is not beneficial except to pet owners or sellers

africanmilli

Arachnopeon
It looks like a pet poll, not a taxonomic list and pet and sale lists are certain to designate distinct varieties. Also, many of the species on the poll haven't been kept in years.
Well, im not looking to get into anything specific like that. Im only wanting to put a list of people that are selling milli's. And under each person only list the millipedes that they sell or if they sell different kinds of millipedes just have it say Various millipedes. Just so you can get the idea of what I am talking about here is a quick mock up of what it would look like.

Millipede Websites
-pet-pedes.co.uk
-http://forum.insecthobbyist.com/millipedes/index_a.html

List of Sellers Websites
-http://krazy8sinvertebrates.com/catalog/

List of sellers through email only
-Johndoemillipede@hotmail.com-AGB's and Red legged

This is the type of info that I plan on having on there.

Black Widow88

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I love all of them but I like the Giant Pill Milipedes and A. tigana the best. I want to have as many as possible.

Black Widow88

Last edited:

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I am about to upgrade my agb's habitat also. Right now I have a 30gal tank with about 4" of sphagum/peat moss mix and next week I am going to get some coco fiber and mix it in. So, I hope mine take to it well and maybe dig around a little more.
My three are in a 40ish gallon tank with five inches of coco fiber, oak braches scattered and partially burried, oak leaves in a layer on top of everything, one artificial hide, and veggies tossed in periodically. They likes, methinks! :D

africanmilli

Arachnopeon
well after I get the coco fiber mixed in, I am getting 2 americanus and 1 baby female red legged to add to my collection. I've got one of those wooden hides that is like half of a log hollowed out. Has anyone else's milli's ate the bark off of theirs? Mine didnt touch it until I noticed their tank was starting to get lots of fungus/mold build up on the food and all over the hide. I cleaned it up and stuck it in the oven for like 20 minutes on like 275degrees and ever since then they have been eating it up.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Mine got mold when I used those types of hides -- I haven't had as many problems with the plastic hide.

Bark

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm going to abstain as the only millipedes I can get my hands on are AGBs and American species. :(

james

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
pedes

The fires are very nice, but my new Spanish ones are the BOMB!!!! I'll have to take some pictures one of these days. I think I have about 10-12 species and growing.
James

africanmilli

Arachnopeon
The fires are very nice, but my new Spanish ones are the BOMB!!!! I'll have to take some pictures one of these days. I think I have about 10-12 species and growing.
James
I'm not familiar with the spanish millipedes. What are they like(color, size, etc.)?