Millipede not doing so well

L_mactans

Arachnolush
Old Timer
While I was in Carlsbad theis last week, I took the liberty of taking a couple of really large millipedes home with me as a gift for my young step-brother. He was overjoyed. I am pretty good at keeping my Ts, but I guess I know precious little about these little guys. Unfortunately one has already passed on. So in an effort, albeit belated, to salvage the life of the second, where do I change? I have him in a plastic shoebox with several holes punched in the top, on potting soil, and a miriad of fresh veggies to munch on. Being that it is a desert sp. I opted against having any water in such a small container (don't want to cause mold), and it may not be deep enough to burrow. Any sugg.?
Kelly

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
KELLY!
Its me, Gillian! *huge hugz*

ok..my suggesstions..try some climbing spaces for the wee one. I don't give water with mine, but, keep an area dampish. (not too big, they're desert millies)

Good luck..and WELCOME!

Frank

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Are you sure that your potting soil is pesticide free?

It could be one reason. Sometimes the causes of our problems are more simple than we could think :)

Frank

L_mactans

Arachnolush
Old Timer
Yea, the soil is pest. free. I am so paranoid about that, I make sure that at least that is clean. The second guy is doing really well so far, so maybe it could have been that he just couldn't handle the stress of the travel? Maybe?

Hi Gillian! :D