Millipede molting worries

Lain

Arachnopeon
Howdy all!
I got a worried 'millie mom' question. One of my Texas golds dug a chamber and has been there since January. I have seen her move and such these past months, but yesterday I saw that shes molting , but not moving at all. Looks like her rear is open, with some stuff, her legs look wet and stuck together, overall looks pretty yucky. Can't tell if she died durring the molt or is just resting while she hardens. Today her head is in a different place or just uncoiled after death.. I know ill just have to wait and see, but didn't know if anyone has experience with something like this...or how long I should wait...I'd rather get her our before she starts to decompose.
As always thanks!

Attachments

SFA

Arachnoknight
Hmmm, I'd give her some time still. Molting can take a very long time and disturbing her could just kill her if she's not dead. I've never been able to see mine when they molt though, so maybe someone else will have a better answer. Personally though I'd just leave her unless she obviously looks rotten or starts to smell.

Lain

Arachnopeon
Thanks for your reply. Sadly, she has passed. I watched her for the past days and it was more obvious today that she was no longer and decaying. Thankfully she didn't smell bad.

SFA

Arachnoknight
Thanks for your reply. Sadly, she has passed. I watched her for the past days and it was more obvious today that she was no longer and decaying. Thankfully she didn't smell bad.
Oh that sucks, I'm so sorry for your loss.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Sorry. :(