Millipede Id

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Does anyone out there have an I'd on these guys they seem to pare up and doesn't seem to matter damp dry I find them under prices of wood and other Debra I'm in central Nebraska any help would be great 2016080195222956.jpg there litraly every where I look I find them also if there is a good website that has millipede sp and pis that might help me ID them would be wonderful as well

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
It is difficult to see them clearly -- any chance you could get a closer shot? From what I can see and the fact you find them everywhere, my guess would be Oxidus gracilis, commonly known as "the greenhouse millipede." They are not native but were introduced from Asia and can now be found across the country. You could look them up on BugGuide and see if the photos match those you've found. :)

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Yea that's them thanks a lot still trying to find the other so I find around her but its been real hot and dry so no luck so far

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
Yea that's them thanks a lot still trying to find the other so I find around her but its been real hot and dry so no luck so far
My pleasure! :)

Yeah, most millipedes are scarce in the summer months -- even up north! I'm mapping out where I want to search come fall and winter may actually be the best time to search in south Texas! :D

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Cool unfortunately for me winter here brings lots of snow and I may not know a lot about millipedes yet but I do know they do NOT like snow :D