Millipede ID needed

Kevin_Davies

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Anyone know what species of millipede these are? I got them as Diplopoda sp "Indonesia" they are around 10-12cm, and arent thin bodied for a millipede that size,

gunslinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have no clue what it is, but its definately very nice! Why is that the millipedes available in the US hobby are far less in number and variation than what I see in the European hobby? Are US laws just more strict?

Every new millipede site I find from Europe makes me want to move more and more......:mad:

Kevin_Davies

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have no clue what it is, but its definately very nice! Why is that the millipedes available in the US hobby are far less in number and variation than what I see in the European hobby? Are US laws just more strict?

Every new millipede site I find from Europe makes me want to move more and more......:mad:
Ive seen plenty of millipede species offered from North America that arent available at all in Europe, there are more species available from within Europe though, especially West and East African ones, i dont know why that is? i dont think the laws are more strict with millipedes?

Check this link out. Dont know if it is the same, but the pic at the bottom of the page looks strikingly similiar.

http://perso.orange.fr/serge.mallet/archi.html
I'd seen that page, they are similar just that those ones are from South America, so probably arent the same species, I thought my ones may be an Indonesian Archispirostreptus species, but thats just a guess really.