Millipede ICU? I think it's dying....

Fyreflye

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I feel horrible. Over the past couple of weeks i've been so busy, i've barely paid any attention to my pedes, aside from tossing in some food and water. Today i pulled out their containers to do some maintenance, and my adult pede (Pachybolus laminatus) is not looking so well.

I thought he (i say he, the sex is unknown) was dead at first, laying on his side on top of the substrate. When i picked him up i noticed that his legs and mouth parts are still moving, though very weakly. I placed him in an ICU setup- a damp paper towel in a plastic container with air holes.

His home container is a large KK, which he's been in since i got him about a year ago. The soil is damp, and wetter on one end. No mites are present, nor have i ever seen any on him.

I thought that MAYBE he could be trying to molt, because his color is not the vibrant red and black it usually is, it's more a muted red rust and brown. But i've read that millies always molt while curled up, and generally do so underground. So...i think he must be dying. :(

I will have to wait and see. Any ideas or tips on further treatment would be appreciated.

Fyreflye

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
5 hours after being in ICU, he's moving around a bit, which is an improvement. I just put his ICU container in my tortoise's terrarium- it's warm and humid in there, it might help.

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
5 hours after being in ICU, he's moving around a bit, which is an improvement. I just put his ICU container in my tortoise's terrarium- it's warm and humid in there, it might help.
ood luck iam sory cant help you out any but fingers crossed man

Fyreflye

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
He passed away during the night. :( My friends want to have a funeral for him.

Julia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh no! I'm so sorry. Don't you have more than one? How are the other ones?

Fyreflye

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Oh no! I'm so sorry. Don't you have more than one? How are the other ones?
Yeah, i still have the 5 baby AGBs. They're doing really well, i rehoused them recently. One of them is still small and doesn't seem to be growing much though...maybe he's just due for a molt.