Millipede Enclosure

balddogtwoleg

Arachnopeon
Ive recently bought an ivory millipede, i have always loved them and she makes me very happy. i want to provide the very best care for her, but i’m not sure if my enclosure is up to par. any suggestions on what i should do to improve/take care of her? she is only a juvenile, and lives by herself. i often give her vegetables and fruits from my refrigerator, she likes carrots best :) image.jpg

marsdex

Arachnopeon
Congrats on your millipede. I'd recommend taking out the pine - coniferous trees contain oils that smell good to us but can be harmful to invertebrates. I don't know if a few pine needles will hurt them but they won't eat it (IME). I want an ivory too, very cute little friends :D

Doodlebird

Arachnoknight
Looks pretty good! Like marsdex said, pine and other softwoods aren't the best, So I would try out some hardwoods. I personally like to add moss and small plants to me enclosures, as the plants look nice and moss can help keep the enclosure moist. Not required, but I like putting them in.

balddogtwoleg

Arachnopeon
Looks pretty good! Like marsdex said, pine and other softwoods aren't the best, So I would try out some hardwoods. I personally like to add moss and small plants to me enclosures, as the plants look nice and moss can help keep the enclosure moist. Not required, but I like putting them in.
That’s cool! i have a lot of moss that grows in my yard, so i’ll definitely get some for her, how would i go about making sure it doesn’t have any parasites or other bugs in it?

Doodlebird

Arachnoknight
I haven't personally had problems with stuff in my moss, but I bet if you collect it and thoroughly dry it in the sun, then it would get rid of whatever is in there. You can also buy different kinds of moss, which will be parasite free.