Millipede eating habits

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have three Peruvian yellow-green millipedes (no species name provided) that I purchased from Arachnocentric last spring. They all appear to be healthy, but I have a really hard time finding things that they will eat. So far the only things they've accepted have been apples, cucumber, and zucchini. I suspect that they may be living off of the high leaf mulch content of the organic potting soil I use in their cage.

Does anyone else have any experience with these millis? I don't have any pictures but they're banded with yellow and green, about as thin as a pencil and roughly 4 inches long. I believe they're still juveniles because the description of them when I bought them said that they got up to 6 inches in length.

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
I don't know that you necessarily have a problem... I know many people who feed their AGBs cucumber dusted with calcium almost exclusivley....

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I use leaf litter and rotten hardwood with millipedes, in addition to the veggies. This is pretty close to the natural diet of most!

Wade

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Galeogirl,

I just got one of those from a guy when I bought a bunch of T's. He gave me one of those, 2 giant Africans, and a red-leg of some sort. They are for my daughter and she is thrilled. She's been after me to get some for quite a while now. I've only had them for a couple of days, but they all chowed on some cucumber when I got them home. I can post a picture of them if anyone is interested.

Botar

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Originally posted by Botar
I can post a picture of them if anyone is interested.

Botar

Botar,
Please do...I feel that I've been bit by the millie bug. (those pied millies of Art's pushed me over..)

Peace,
Gillian

AlbinoDragon829

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by Gillian
Botar,
Please do...I feel that I've been bit by the millie bug. (those pied millies of Art's pushed me over..)

Peace,
Gillian
You should really get bit by the centi bug instead... unless you're looking for something that's handleable.

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well here is a shot of the yellow/green from Peru. I have no idea of the scientific name as these were just given to me and I'm fairly clueless.

Botar

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here is a shot of the red-leg. Any help with scientific names from the more informed would be helpful.

Botar

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
And here is the happy 6-year old with her new pet... complete in sexy nightgown... or at least she thinks it's sexy.

Botar