Millipede Dieing?

Jesse James

Arachnosquire
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
93
I just found one of my ivory millipede in a heap like this. Still moving alittle not sure what caused this my only hunch would be from the washed veggies under tap water. Any advice or suggestions on what to do or what it could be would be appreciated. Thanks DSCF6512.JPG
 

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Active Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2016
Messages
1,534
So sorry. I really doubt that tap water caused this. It would take such a high concentration of toxins in the water for the little residual left behind to kill a millipede. Unfortunately, I don't have any other ideas. Sometimes they are just weak or old. There could have been pesticides on the veggies that did not get washed away. Organic is the only option, IMO. Some pesticides are in the flesh and tissues of fruit and veggies; not just on the peel or outside.

Keep on eye on the rest - hopefully this was an isolated event.
 

Jesse James

Arachnosquire
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
93
So sorry. I really doubt that tap water caused this. It would take such a high concentration of toxins in the water for the little residual left behind to kill a millipede. Unfortunately, I don't have any other ideas. Sometimes they are just weak or old. There could have been pesticides on the veggies that did not get washed away. Organic is the only option, IMO. Some pesticides are in the flesh and tissues of fruit and veggies; not just on the peel or outside.

Keep on eye on the rest - hopefully this was an isolated event.
Just checked on the rest, and they seem normal munching on some carrots. It might of just been a old one like you said. Luckily it was a freebie in a order lol.
 

Lain

Arachnopeon
Joined
Dec 6, 2016
Messages
43
So sorry about your little guy. :( Glad the other are doing okay though.
 

Jesse James

Arachnosquire
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
93
So sorry about your little guy. :( Glad the other are doing okay though.
Yeah, that's life. You live, you die. not sure how old it was but only had these guys for about a month, so it could of lived 6 years IDK. Everything I feed them is organic and washed.
 
Top