Millipede death? Or molt?

Dandy

Arachnopeon
Probably less than 2 months ago I got, what I think is, a full-grown Narceus Americanus. I got it from the pet store, pretty cheap (15 dollars?), again, full-grown or at least close to it. Up until Tuesday of this week, it lived alone and seemed to do pretty well. Never really surface-active but I saw it a few times. The substrate was moist, always fresh food + bark and leaves, and room temp. I did not prepare my own bark and leaves but got them from the pet store. Veggies and fruits were always washed but never saw them eaten. Also, there was a small bowl of water.

This Tuesday I introduced maybe about an inch-long ivory millipede and springtails from a breeder. Super active, seems really healthy, even ate the fruits I offered. This was the last time I picked up my Narceus Americanus. This was also just a short time since I was just checking in on his health since I knew I wasn't going to be messing around for a while so the new one could adapt. But after this, I noticed towards the surface of the tank, partially buried my Narceus Americanus had not moved. I picked him up, no movement. he was stiff, in a c shape, but not pale. Fearing I could have disturbed a molt I put him down and covered him up. But also fearing they might be dead I found my ivory and put him in a separate cage (still alive and active)

I'm really heartbroken since I do think my Narceus Americanus has died. The C shape rather than a coil seems really concerning. And I feel even worse since I'm worried this is my fault.
I'd love to know the reasons he's died or if it is a molt. And if this is something with my care that caused the death what can I do to ensure this does not happen again to the ivory/future millipedes.

Thank you!

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
How long has it been in the c-shape now?

If it is dead, you seem to have already hit on the most likely cause (outside of incorrect husbandry); old age.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Dandy

Arachnopeon
Rough estimate, 2-4 days. Last I saw him alive was Tuesday when I took him out for a welfare check to add the new addition. The only reason I know he never moved was he was towards the surface partly covered, against glass.

Moyzie

Arachnosquire
If it is dead, you seem to have already hit on the most likely cause (outside of incorrect husbandry); old age.
I once had a dog that lived to 19, Her breeds expected life was 10-12 years
I know its off topic, but as frustrating (and sad) when an animal dies of old age, if they had a long life - then you should
be pleased.
I had another dog, years later - she unfortunately developed a stomach infection - and then whilst at the vets, caught
kennel cough - which proved fatal the following week. Losing her at 3 years of ages truly was not nice

The downside of looking after animals is that they all die at some point. We need to make them as happy as possible
during their lives

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Rough estimate, 2-4 days. Last I saw him alive was Tuesday when I took him out for a welfare check to add the new addition. The only reason I know he never moved was he was towards the surface partly covered, against glass.
The body should begin to discolor and deteriorate soon if it is dead, which unfortunately I imagine it is.

On your PM question, can you describe your care regimen, enclosure setup, and substrate composition?

Thanks,

Arthroverts