Millipede dead??

JxsPxxle

Arachnopeon
I keep a baby millipede in a 32oz cup and he’s thrived in it for a couple of months. I’m looking through it now and i’ve just seen what looks to be a shed, but i’m not sure wether it is his body or not. Would he decompose quickly? Edit: Nevermind I dug through and found my little guy dead :( he was my miracle millipede too because I lost him for a week after he was sent flying by a leaf that bent suddenly and I found him on my floor a week later. I failed him :(

Last edited:

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Can you provide some more information that might shed light as to the cause? What species was it? What was the substrate composed of? Temperature? Moisture levels? Recently offered supplemental foods? Age of specimen?
Pictures would also be of huge help.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

mickiem

Arachnoprince
I think it is a lot of work to maintain millipedes in small containers like a 32 oz deli cup. It is possible but you have to check humidity levels once or twice a day. I hope you try again, they are an interesting pet to keep and really easy. You may have made it harder than it should have been. And falls are nearly always fatal eventually.