Millipede Collection, 3skulls

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Nice collection 3skulls! Never cease to amaze me haha. It's pretty cool that you live in an area with many of them around, I on the other hand only see a few, only if I really try:/

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I bet they are! Might get one after I become comfortable with T's!
Yes, I support this decision. Get more than one! In my observations they seem to prefer each other's company, and can be housed in large groups (as made obvious in Shebeen's excellent photo). Besides, they tend to spend a lot of time underground and if you have several then there's a better chance of having something to watch.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Yes, I support this decision. Get more than one! In my observations they seem to prefer each other's company, and can be housed in large groups (as made obvious in Shebeen's excellent photo). Besides, they tend to spend a lot of time underground and if you have several then there's a better chance of having something to watch.
Knowing me even if I only wanted to get one, I'd get more! Haha. Let's hope my roommate next year doesn't mind bugs! Haha. Do you ever keep yours in sterlite tubs or something of the sorts?

3skulls

Arachnobaron
100% agree. ^^^

Yes you can keep them in tubs. :)

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hahaha, good luck with finding a roomie who will put up with your collection!

I've been using translucent tupperwares from the Container Store, but that's just cause i had some plants in there/wanted to be able to watch my pedes as much as possible. Lots of people keep them in opaque plastic tubs.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Hahaha, good luck with finding a roomie who will put up with your collection!

I've been using translucent tupperwares from the Container Store, but that's just cause i had some plants in there/wanted to be able to watch my pedes as much as possible. Lots of people keep them in opaque plastic tubs.
Well, I'm majoring in zoology, so my roommate will prob be majoring in zoology too so hopefully haha

I think I'll just stop by Walmart and pick up a few!

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sweet! I assume the dorms will have a problem with bugs, though. It's a good thing they're easy to hide.

I know it's way early, but you got any idea what you're going to specialize in?

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Sweet! I assume the dorms will have a problem with bugs, though. It's a good thing they're easy to hide.

I know it's way early, but you got any idea what you're going to specialize in?
They might, they might not, I think it actually depends on which one I get to dorm in actually haha

It's not way early at all haha, I'll be majoring in wildlife biology, with hopefully herpetology as the main focus. You usually don't specialize much in undergrad, but I'll take what I can get! I'll be working under a professor too, and hopefully get an intern over the summer!

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Man that sounds cool, good luck!

Mom wanted me to go into zoology, but between her dissertation horror stories/the fact that I'd prolly die of heatstroke doing field work/my general cowardice in regards to schoolwork, I felt too intimidated to go for it. I'll just stick with being a starving artist, thank you.

(3skulls I'm so sorry for derailing your thread)

3skulls

Arachnobaron
I'll let it slide this time.

Next week temps are looking awesome!

I'm going bug hunting :)

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Where do you search for your bugs? I've not honed my bug hunting skills yet, and I don't know their favorite hiding places.

3skulls

Arachnobaron
I do most of it at work because it sits back on a bunch of land.
I flip logs, rocks, peel back bark on rotting wood.

Found a bunch of cool stuff just hanging around the building.