Millipede behavior

Tidbit

Arachnosquire
Hello again,
I was wondering if millipede behavior indicates their health or happiness. For example, my o. ornatus has been increasingly active as of late, and I can’t tell if that means she’s happy and exploring her cage or agitated and trying to find somewhere she feels is more secure. That said, is there any behavior one should look out for? Is there any “good behavior”? Also, my millipede seems more prone to curling up, does that mean something?
Thanks!

Tidbit

Arachnosquire
I suppose there isn’t much research on this, but if anyone has any personal experiences I’d love to here about them. Also, my millipede’s exoskeletons bands are lighter and her shell just seems tighter, I’m assuming she’s going to shed.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
O. ornatus, along with Chicobolus spinigerus, are known to be very surface active, so I wouldn't necessarily be worried by it so long as you are keeping it properly. The curling is also often associated with grooming, which all species do (some more than others of course), though it is also a defensive behavior. Are you disturbing it and then it curls up?

Millipedes contract and extend themselves depending on how much food they've eaten recently, as well as when they need to reach something, so that may be what you're seeing in terms of tightness. I'm sure it could also be apart of the lead up to a molt. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by the overall coloration being lighter however.

Hope this helps,

Arthroverts

Tidbit

Arachnosquire
That is very helpful! I don’t often disturb her but she curls up anyway. I mist the substrate everyday and she has moist moss in case she needs more moister. She often grooms herself. Does extension mean she’s been eating more lately? That would explain the light colored bands between segments that are more visible now. I suspect she’s gonna shed. I read somewhere that a sudden lighter coloration could mean it’s gonna shed soon