Millie Question..

socalqueen

Arachnoknight
I've attached a pic. This guy has been rolled up
For days. Doesn't look well. Has droplets of a dark fluid on his body. I could just be paranoid but looking to the experts for some help.

Attachments

mickiem

Arachnoprince
So hard to tell from this photo. I would not handle it and try not to disturb it. Doesn't look like it's ready to molt, but like I said, it's hard to see. If the brown spots are from his ozopores, then it could be stress.

Usually, in healthy animals, curling and inactivity is a sign of molting.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Just with how it's sitting it doesn't look good. I'd be willing to bet it's on it's way out unfortunately :( Keep us updated on what ends up happening please!

socalqueen

Arachnoknight
Just with how it's sitting it doesn't look good. I'd be willing to bet it's on it's way out unfortunately :( Keep us updated on what ends up happening please!
He hasn't moved at all. I have a feeling I'm gonna lose him. I'm watching him and I touch him a couple times a day just to see if he's still alive. I'm bummed.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
I've lost more ornatus than any others. I think it is shipping stress.

socalqueen

Arachnoknight
I've lost more ornatus than any others. I think it is shipping stress.
I believe he fell. I had an escapee last week, the lid wasn't closed all the way and he was MIA for 24 hours, the next morning I found him crawling across the kitchen floor and put him back in the tank. My tanks sit on a hutch about 2.5 feet off the ground. I think he was the one that got out and fell from the hutch to the tile floor. I'm not 100 percent sure it was him but I'm assuming it is due to the others being so active and he's really struggling. He's been excreting fluid droplets on his exo, been in the same place for days, curled up. I've read that a fall from 2.5 feet could damage his exo. I'm basically just waiting and hoping for the best.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
He could've become a little dehydrated, too.

MantidMaster

Arachnophile
Old Timer
I think it was the fall, and you know millipedes can't sustain one of those.

Last edited:

socalqueen

Arachnoknight
I think it was the fall, and you know millipedes can sustain one of those.
I think it was the fall too. It's my fault as I left a small opening when closing the lid in an attempt to dry out their enclosure a bit as it was really really wet in there, I didn't think they could reach the opening and I was wrong. I'm assuming he fell because the tank was on the edge of the table and the side he came out was a straight drop to the tile floor. I couldn't find him for a day and the next morning he reappeared, crawling across the floor. Anyways, as I said I assume he fell about 2.5 feet, he may have been able to crawl down but I doubt it. So with that,I'm also assuming it's what caused his death. :(

MantidMaster

Arachnophile
Old Timer
I would like to say RIP Ornata 2k17-2k17, but that wouldn't be a proper death speech.
I would like to say that I am very sorry this happened to you, and this happened to me not too long ago with a tylobolus claremontus millipede I had a while ago. It fell when I was going to catch it, and it died shortly. I am so sorry this happened to you.
I lost him. He died sometime last night. :(

socalqueen

Arachnoknight
I would like to say RIP Ornata 2k17-2k17, but that wouldn't be a proper death speech.
I would like to say that I am very sorry this happened to you, and this happened to me not too long ago with a tylobolus claremontus millipede I had a while ago. It fell when I was going to catch it, and it died shortly. I am so sorry this happened to you.
Thank you. I feel awful about it. I don't like losing pets. I've learned a valuable lesson though, and I won't take anymore chances with my critters.